MWBA’s mission is to bring out the best in our community by encouraging low-impact riding, volunteer trail work participation, cooperation among different trail user groups, innovative trail management solutions and grassroots advocacy.
Our advocacy goes beyond speaking on behalf of our community; we encourage and foster it’s growth. We educate mountain bikers on trail etiquette not only with each other but also with other user groups and most importantly, we promote and organize regular trail maintenance days in the San Gabriels.
- We create a powerful voice for trails, public lands and management policies that welcome bikes.
- We advocate for mountain bike access and acceptance nationwide.
- We build sustainable trails and bike facilities to make mountain biking more accessible.
- We teach environmentally responsible and sustainable trail building, and trail etiquette practices.
- We enourage more people to experience the outdoors on bicycles, on foot or on horses.